Popular posts from this blog
Who we are: Sadie (Serafina) Cozzoli DiLiddo
Sadie DiLiddo, 97th birthday Who I am I was the fourth child of Frank and Mary Lucchesi Cozzoli. My paternal grandparents were Joseph and Rocca Baccellieri Cozzoli (the Baccellieris included Ralph, Pete and Irene); my maternal grandparents were Carl and Victoria Lucchesi (whose children were, young to old…Marietta, Louis, Clementina, Rosa…) Rocca and Joseph Cozzoli with children: Rachele, Serafina, Joseph, Ernestina, Erminia and Michael (youngest) We lived first at 328 E. Second Street in Plainfield, NJ, but during the Depression, we had to move from that house, and later we moved to 404 E. Second Street. My father bought the property eventually. He put his shop, the Cozzoli Machine Company, behind it where the old Italian Presbyterian Church used to be. The Middaughs rented the second floor of the house, and Mrs. Middaugh stayed there until after my mother died. Sadie, aged 3 How I grew up We girls always had to do the dishes…one washed, one dried, ...
Janet Messina ii: early years
Ed. Note: Janet and I talked by phone today and this is what she told me. Anyone who has photos which can go along with this part of her story, please send them and I'll add, gladly. rvm The Depression Growing up then didn’t make a very happy childhood. We lived in Camden my three sisters (I’m the second one) and my brother and parents, and during those years my mother worked, cleaning and baking for people who were wealthier. My father had been laid off…there were many lay-offs then…so she had to go out to support our family. Now I look back and feel sad for my mother, thinking of how hard she worked. But we stuck together. I mentioned before that children often left school at sixteen to work, helping the family along. In a class of 50, maybe two went on to college. The rest of us worked. We grabbed any job we could, in a candy store, or Woolworth’s five-and-ten, maybe a restaurant, whatever we cou...






Aunt Sadie, I love those little gnomes near your tree!!
ReplyDeleteMerry Christmas!
Love, Eileen
Barbara, your home looks so warm and inviting!! You have a touch, girl!!
Merry Christmas!
Love, Eileen
Great warming decorations! Merry Christmas - I love you. always, Ann
ReplyDelete